In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
1. The Religion of Islam has beenperfected during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him). There is no scope to add or remove anything from it.
2. The matters pertaining to belief are derived from the Book of Allah (Qur’an), the Authentic Sunnah (of the Messenger of Allah, peace be on him) and the Consensus of this Ummah.
3. It is imperative upon us to accept every authentic tradition (hadeeth) of the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) be it Successive (Mutawaatir) or Singular (Aahaad) .
4. The correct understanding of the Qur’aan and Sunnah is derived from within their texts themselves. The texts mutually explain one another and then the explanation of the pious predecessors (Salaf) further clarifies it.
5. One should accept Qur’an and Sunnah without any implicit or explicit hesitation. This implies that one should not give preference to anything over the Book of Allah or the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace be on him), be it Qiyas (Analogy),dhauq-o-mizaaj (Customs or Traditions), aql-o-daanaai (Logic), fikr-o-fahm (Reasoning), kashf-o-ilham (Mystical Unveiling orSufi Visions), the Opinion of Scholars and Jurists or the fataawa (edict) of a Shaykh or Imam or Mufti, no matter how reputed or well known that person is.
6. (In the matters of Islam), the only person who is sinless is the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him), any other person from this Ummah, regardless of his stature, cannot be sinless,although the entire Ummahwill never unite upon misguidance.
7. Every innovation in the matters of religion is a bid’ah, and every bid’ah is misguidance, and every misguidance leads to hellfire.
8. Knowledge of Tawheed should be made easily accessible to people, who should be invited towards it.This has been the call of every Prophet of Allah (peace be on them all). Belief in Tawheed should be purified from all types of Shirk and the community (ummah) should be protected from being corrupted by shirk.
9. The Sunnah (way) of the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) should be established in every walk of life and one should precaution toabstain fromreligiousinnovations(Bid’ah),as that is the source of disbelief (Kufr) and association of partners with Allah (Shirk).